Monday, October 20, 2008

The Daily Search

After perusing the employment ads in both the newspaper and the on-line sites; I have sent one resume. One. Am I too picky or is it the job market? I would like to think it is my pickiness (is that a word?) but unfortunately, I think it is a sign of our current economic situation. Will it change for the better after the election? I certainly hope so.

After completing the household tasks I assigned myself today, I have my pick of things to do. I finished the third in the "Twilight" book series last night and began the final book. Normally I would skim through a book quickly. Partially out of habit and partially because I try to squeeze so many extra activities in the spare time I have available. Since time is not currently an issue, I am forcing myself to read slower and therefore, I hope, enjoy reading that much more. I read the first five chapters and now I can do something else. I think I will finish a scrapbook layout and I will post a picture of it later.

One of my dogs is a 4-month old mixed terrier puppy (pictured on Blog header) that I rescued from a local shelter. His name is "River" and he is still in that on/off mode. He is either running around terrorizing all the other dogs (and me), chewing on anything he can get his sharp puppy teeth into (including me) OR he is exhausted and sleeps wherever he lands. Soooo cute. Especially when he is asleep!!

One of my son-in-law's, Lee, is stationed in Balaad, Iraq. Again. They (my youngest daughter and their 2 children) live in Colorado Springs. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. It is a brave thing he and all the others serving our country do for us every day.

No comments: