Sunday, October 19, 2008

I am blogging!

I read blogs, I enjoy reading bogs, and now I am writing a blog! The big question will be if someone else will enjoy reading MY blog?

Have you ever been dismissed from your job for no reason other than you are really good at what you do but an "opportunity has dropped into my lap that I cannot afford to pass up"? This was the reason given me by my employer when it recently happened to me. I still think about it and how unfair life can be. It's a blow to your confidence and your ego. And I don't think it has anything to do with my age (although I DO think it will be harder than usual to find equally satisfying employment); I believe it would be a hard pill to swallow at any age.

What does any of this have to do with my life with dogs? Only to remind me how thankful I am for all of my fur-babies; each one different on the outside and unique on the inside but all a comfort no matter how badly I am feeling about myself or my job. My husband is a comfort too, but he wants to talk about it and the puppies just want to cuddle. Guess which one I usually pick?!

You would think that having a lot of time available that I would use it to do all those things I haven't managed to get to in the past. I am a scrapbooker and there is always a project uncompleted on the table or organization that I have postponed time and time again. Then there is the closets that I have put off cleaning because I use my spare time to scrapbook. And the garage? What garage? Oh! That 2-car storage unit attached to the house? I don't want to think about it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl. Thanks for the link to your blog! I'm so sorry that happened to you. Their loss! I'll be praying that you find something just perfect. :)

Amy said...

hang in there Loretta! Something better will come along where you are valued beyond what you thought possible.

Amy said...

sorry I said Loretta- I meant Larolin ;)

Tami said...

Larolin,
Welcome to the world of blogging. I try to keep up with both of mine but usually spend more time reading others.
Sorry about the job. Hopefully something new will come along soon.

Tami

lyndaleee said...

I know it is hard, someday maybe I'll share my story in this world of blogging, but keep your chin up something much better will come your way :)

Carla said...

Sorry about the job thing. Welcome to the blogging world. I myself have started one, why I don't know but I did. I'll link yours from mine